Never underestimate the power of one wheel drive!

Images

Many of the images I add to this blog are clickable for a better resolution. Give it a go!

Tuesday 26 May 2009

Do I really want to do this?

Well folks, here I am. Welcome to my world- The Secret Cyclist. Why Secret Cyclist? Well, as you can see, I am a Police Officer in the UK and, until recently, I was a cycle patrol officer. Yes, you read right, a cycle patrol officer. I got paid to ride a bike! One of the jobs I used to get involved in was plain clothed patrols, riding an area, looking for misguide individuals up to no good. Hence the blog name.

I have toyed with writing a blog for a while now and decided to make the leap today. I don' t know how this will pan out but hey, nothing ventured, nothing gained. My inspiration for the blog is another cycling site, Elden Nelsons' http://www.fatcyclist.com/ , a site I have been visiting for some time now. If I can be half as good as Fatty's blog then I will have exceeded my expectations several fold.

Why am I writing this blog? Well, I like to share cycling (and other) experiences and this seems like an ideal way to do it. I have had some practice, I write articles for IPMBA News. IPMBA is the International Police Mountain Bike Association http://www.ipmba.org/ which publishes a quarterly magazine. I do the 'News form the UK' section and contribute articles reviewing equipment etc. This however is the first time I have strayed into writing for folk outside of Law Enforcement. I am also a member of an online forum 'yacf - yet another cycling forum' http://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php which I visit and post on regularly.

I plan to update the blog on a regular basis, with my witterings and ramblings about matters cycling and otherwise. I don't pretend to be knowledgeable about things, just willing to say my piece. I also don't pretend to be consistent. I regularly exercise my right to be awkward and change my mind on a subject but hey, this is my world so I am allowed.

Please visit and say hello. If you have something to say about my ramblings, feel free. I will try and keep my writings clean (though at times I may vent my spleen at something) and all I ask is that you do the same.

Thanks folks.

Luv n' Stuff.

Fuzzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment