Never underestimate the power of one wheel drive!

Images

Many of the images I add to this blog are clickable for a better resolution. Give it a go!

Tuesday 13 October 2009

The gloves are dead- Long live the gloves

These are my Specialized Equinox gloves which have served me well for a number of years-


(clicky for bigger image)

These are the best gloves I have ever worn for riding. Warm enough to see me through all but the coldest weather. Just enough padding to stop my hands going dead. Thick enough to prevent injury when things got a little out of shape. We have been through a lot together- 70+ mile round trips into London, chasing bad guys during my bike patrol days, the odd SMIDSY, getting shot at with pellets during a recent airsoft skirmishing evening my two sons persuaded me to join them on. Over the 4 years or so that I have been wearing them, I have become really attached to them but, as you can see, they are slowly giving up the ghost. It would seem that the time has come to retire the Equinox's and bite the bullet.

I have acquired these-

(clicky for bigger image)
Endura 'Singletrack' gloves. They feel like they are of similar weight and quality in their material, just perhaps a little snugger in their fit. I will wear them for the first time today. I have had them for about a month but, as I said earlier, the Equinox and I have been together for a long time and it felt like I was betraying them.

Daft isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment