Never underestimate the power of one wheel drive!

Images

Many of the images I add to this blog are clickable for a better resolution. Give it a go!

Thursday 15 September 2011

Brisk but Beautiful

When I got up this morning to get ready for work, I went through the usual routine- you know the score, unmentionables in the bathroom, feed the cats, make the families lunches etc.

When the cats had finished their breakfast I let them out and noticed a distinct nip in the air. Cool summer mornings have given way to brisk autumn dawns.

I decided that this morning would be the first commute of the post summer period where knee and arm warmers were order of the day.

I'm really glad that I did because it was a tad on the chilly side as I headed out. Once again though, I had the opportunity to experience one of those glorious mornings- mist rising over the meadows, cattle chewing the cud, steaming breath as they did so and the sun lighting it up with a diffused golden glow.

The moments like this are the reason I ride all year round.

To cap it all off perfectly, the hot water system at work has been repaired so I indulged in a nice warm shower on arrival. Much more enjoyable than the recent mains cold water temperature affairs.

Priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment